Isaac and Sophia in Montreal

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

24 May 2006


My first happy moment of the day was when the alarm went off. I was wondering if it would work.

My second happy moment of the day was seeing sun shine through the windows, for the first time all week. Today saw Montreal at its finest, with people crowding the public parks, twirling through the streets (also sighted: two people doing parallel cartwheels) and kissing on the sidewalks. On our 10pm dog walk, the tennis courts were packed and groups of people were sitting out on the lawn, being rowdy. There were countless pick-up games of soccer, skateboarders, roller bladers, and half-nekked collegiate studyiers.

After class, two of my classmates asked me to show them the park that is between my apartment and the school. I walked them through it, then through the business district where we had lunch, and finally most of the way back to school before I headed home alone. Three hours later, it was time to walk the dogs. Between the butt sniffing, Sophia's arthritis, Isaac's random explorations (rollerblader! squirrel! soccer ball! skateboarder! squirrel!) and a brief trip to the conveniently located pet store, we were home an hour later. I needed a nap just to go grocery shopping. I am feeling rather done for the day and have decided to pack it in, and start fresh tomorrow. Mostly, I'm craving coffee with my text book, and it seems wiser to just go to bed.

I think that I am out of random errands to run, and will find myself studying most if not all of tomorrow. Friday afternoon I will have lunch with a classmate who participated in his school's mock arbitration competition, and Friday night I will be at a potluck cook out held by classmates who live nearby.

Well, due to a technical difficulty, I just lost a lot of today's content. It was a beautiful, wonderful, normal day, and I'm too tired to retype it, so this is it. I love you all will write more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home